Extraordinary Goal Setting
- 255 (Registered)
Goal setting for some is part of their personal planning process. Goal setting in general helps people to identify what they want to achieve in their professional and/or personal life.
Aspirations or dreams are ineffective means to achieving targets as opposed to goals. In order to be able to achieve personal or professional targets, your dreams and aspirations, it is important to set effective and meaningful goals.
Attendees will learn to develop the necessary goal setting skills for overall development.
The Goal-Setting Course Cover 5 Core Areas:
These tools explore the vision you have for your life, help set goals which fit into the bigger picture, explore and decide which goals are most meaningful (or exciting!) to move forward with, look at goal ecology, obstacles, success boosters and begin to take action.
- Vision For Your Life. Identify a Whole Life Vision that maps onto a 10 year vision and then onto 3 month vision.
- Picking Goals to Move Forwards With. Brainstorm your vision and goal ideas. Select meaningful goals that add real value to our lives.
- Goal Ecology & Motivation. Explore WHY you want your goals, and why NOW to gain maximum commitment.
- Nailing Down and Making SMART Goals. Making your goals more effective by setting SMART goals and identifying obstacles.
- Annual Goal-Setting. The process of setting 3 specific Annual Goals-from start through to an action to take tomorrow!
Who is this course for:
- If you are looking for improving your skills in goal setting, this course is for you.
- If you have struggled to achieve your New Years Resolutions, this course is for you.
- If you want to have more, do more and be more, this course is for you.
- Ideal audience: Employees, Supervisors, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Senior Managers, Executives, CEOs, Business Owners
Who is this course not for:
- People who just want to take some time out just for fun and not participate
- Highly effective people who have too much time at their hands
- People who know it all and already have achieved everything in life.
What you will learn:
- The difference between dreams and goals
- Why it is important to set goals
- Tools and techniques to setting SMART and meaningful goals
- Next steps to achieving your goals
- Understand the meaning and importance of setting goals
- Understand and define SMART goals
- Plan personal and professional goals
- Create highly charged goals
- Why establishing meaningful goals with a deadline (psychology of goal setting)
- Rewards and success of goal setting and goal achievements
- Having a foundation for annual planning exercise (separate course)
Goal Setting - Vision
Goal Setting - Pick the Right Ones
Goal Setting - Ecology and Motivation
Goal Setting - SMARTen up
Goal Setting - Annual Goals
Goal Setting - Summary